[csw-users] configuring sendmail for smtp authentication

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Fri Sep 21 22:52:59 CEST 2012

Hi Jake,

Are you sure sendmail is looking Sendmail.conf in /etc/opt/csw ?
I think it's rather in /opt/csw/lib/sasl2/

You can check this by "trussing" the sendmail daemon startup:
  truss -f /opt/csw/lib/sendmail -L sm-mta -bd -q15m 2>&1 | grep
Sendmail.conf

Yann

Could you "truss -f -p"  the sendmail process while doing the
authentification and

2012/9/21 Jake Goerzen <jgoerzen at opencsw.org>

> On 09/20/12 03:14, Peter Bonivart wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Jake Goerzen<jgoerzen at opencsw.org>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've have a working install of OpenCSW sendmail server up and running and
>>> would like to add smtp authentication to it so I have added the
>>> following to
>>> my sendmail.mc and rebuilt sendmail.cf:
>>>
>>> define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A p y')dnl
>>> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN')dnl