[csw-users] vim/gvim 7.3.884 updated recipes

Laurent Blume laurent at elanor.org
Mon Apr 8 13:50:49 CEST 2013

Here are patches to update vim & gvim to the current version (patch 884).

I've got remarks and questions:
first, the 0001-Expect-tab-instead-of-whitespace.patch is not needed
anymore and can be removed.
The patch I'm adding is needed for both vim and gvim. I think I will
take it upstream, as well as the
-DXutf8TextPropertyToTextList=XmbTextPropertyToTextList that is needed
for gvim.

As for the question, the vim recipe has that bit, introduced in 2009:
make-interps-lazy:
         @perl -i.bak -plne \
             's/(-l(?:perl|python|ruby|tcl)\S*)/-zlazyload $$1
-znolazyload/' \
             $(WORKSRC)/src/auto/config.mk

Is it still useful? If yes, should it be added to gvim?

Since a lot of those two recipes should be kept identical, is there a
way to do that? Have a vim-common.mk somewhere?

Also, gvim is suffixed with -x11, to avoid its CLI vim-x11 binary to
collide. I think that's wrong, but I've not yet found a clean way to
avoid it. Both packages should exist independently.

I'll post an update when I find a solution for that.

Laurent