[csw-users] combine csw tools with openindiana tools

Harry Putnam reader at jtan.com
Fri Aug 23 17:47:55 CEST 2013

Running (solaris) openindian 151a7

I want to install emacs-24 but the openindian repos only have
emacs-23 so I decided to use openCSW tools to install it.

When I check on what was available with a default look at
pkgutil -a |grep emacs, that shows only emacs-23

So I looked at unstable, and see emacs-24.  Is there a better
way to get emacs-24 than going to 'unstable'?

If not then taking a look at:

pkgutil -i -n emacs_athena shows an awful lot of stuff to be
installed. 89 pkgs... including things like perl and python.

Those are already installed using openindiana default pkg managment
tool, 'pkg'.

Is there some common way for csw to share needed tools that are
already installed and are late enough versions?

Or can anyone tell me what all I need on my openindiana installation
to be able to build and install emacs-24?