[csw-users] "old" packages not in latest catalog

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 1 02:45:51 CET 2013

2012/12/31 Wyche, George             PW <George.Wyche at pw.utc.com>:
> We have a program on a solaris8 sparc workstation that is supported by gcc4gfortranrt of 2009 from openCSW and all is fine.
>
> I know for a fact that an older solaris10 sparc got /opt/csw/gcc4/lib/libgfortran.so.3 from CSWgcc4gfortranrt and the program is running great.

What's the RPATH of the binary that you have trouble running?

In the unstable catalog, libgfortran.so.3 is present and provided by
the CSWlibgfortran3 catalog. There are no Solaris 8 packages in the
unstable catalog any more, but you can still fetch the old packages
from the dublin catalog. Here's how you can query catalogs for a file
when you know the file base name (e.g. "libgfortran.so.3").

unstable:

$ curl -s http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/rest/catalogs/unstable/sparc/SunOS5.10/pkgnames-and-paths-by-basename?basename=libgfortran.so.3;
echo
{"/opt/csw/lib": ["CSWlibgfortran3"], "/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9":
["CSWlibgfortran3"]}

dublin:

$ curl -s http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/rest/catalogs/dublin/sparc/SunOS5.8/pkgnames-and-paths-by-basename?basename=libgfortran.so.3;
echo
{"/opt/csw/gcc4/lib/sparcv9": ["CSWgcc4gfortranrt"],
"/opt/csw/gcc4/lib": ["CSWgcc4gfortranrt"]}

Maciej