[csw-users] Packages requests

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 3 15:40:15 CET 2013

2013/3/3 Jean-Michel Bergeron <niceguy12345678 at hotmail.fr>:
> I say that a package of Videolan VLC Media Player should have
> been done a long time ago...

It's not a trivial build. I have attempted to build it in March 2012.
I was in contact with the developers and got 3 patches pushed
upstream[1][2][3]. I spent a few weeks trying to build it, and
ultimately gave up. The last state was that the code compilation
finished, but the resulting binary was not able to play anything.
Maybe I missed something silly, or maybe there is a more involved
problem to get fixed. The VLC build is up for grabs.

Also, there was a Solaris porting effort[4], but it looks dead, it's
better to stay with the mainline code.

Maciej

[1] http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commit;h=d1a8b724c3923bb37002e5102cae25d9594a9a95
[2] http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commit;h=7b0efebbf38aec8c341ad92433fb218a02bf62a0