OpenCSW question about package CSWcurl

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 24 17:08:27 CEST 2013

Hi Frank,

(cc'ing users@)

Am 24.10.2013 um 17:02 schrieb fdroste at bgcpartners.com:
> i just installed pkgutil and curl on my test server.  based on the version info, i see it supports ssl.
>
> On another system I have version 7.28.1 (and 7.26.0) installed, yet that version supports ssl and ssh (ie: scp, sftp).
>
> Is 7.33.0 suppose to support ssl and ssh, or has ssh been dropped?  I am using ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/csw/unstable/ as my mirror.
>
> Regards,
> Frank
>
> root at njtestclus-d1 /var/tmp/fdroste # /opt/csw/bin/curl --version
> curl 7.33.0 (sparc-sun-solaris2.10) libcurl/7.33.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1e zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.26
> Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
> Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP Metalink
> root at njtestclus-d1 /var/tmp/fdroste #

libcurl4 is split in two versions:
- libcurl4 which contains only basic protocols
- libcurl4_feature which contains almost everything

By default packages depend only on libcurl4. If you install libcurl4_feature it
is magically pulled in by aux filter linkage supporting all other protocols.
So you most certainly have only CSWlibcurl4 on one server and additionally
CSWlibcurl4-feature on the other one.

BTW, unstable has 7.33.0 at the moment:
  http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libcurl4_feature/