[csw-users] syslog-ng dependencies

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 20 13:14:41 CEST 2013

2013/9/20 Al Ishmael <Al.Ishmael at toyota-fs.com>
> Is this the DEFINITIVE list of dependies or are there more?   Can I get away with less?

If you take the package as given, the list is definitive. If you have
the time to spend on making the syslog-ng build tailored to your
needs, then everything is up to you.

You're probably asking about taking the package as-is, but installing
it in a non-standard way. I think it's a wrong way to go. You'll spend
a lot of time on it and you won't get a good result. Instead, you can
take the build recipe and modify it to fit your needs. For example,
you could try to see if you can isolate the minimal set of binaries
allowing you to run the service. Then you can make a package with just
this subset.

Maciej