OpenCSW question about package CSWgcc4core

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 9 15:50:09 CET 2014

Hi Feiler,

Am 09.01.2014 um 15:28 schrieb feiler at uni-hohenheim.de:
> I just installed gcc and all its dependencies in my Solaris box.
> I tryed to compile hello World w/o success. it bails out due to missing stdio.h , stdlib.h and such  which is not beneath /usr/include but under  /opt/csw/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.10/4.8.0/include/ssp/stdio.h
> which obviously the compiler does not know about.
>
> now my question is: How to fix this

A couple of questions:
- which Solaris version are you using? (Solaris 9 or 10 or 11)
- which packages rev are you using? (try pkginfo -x)
- which catalog are you subscribed to? (testing/unstable/etc.)
- which program did you try to compile so I can probably reproduce the issue

Apart from that we have 4.8.2 in unstable which you may want to try:
  http://www.opencsw.org/packages/gcc4core/

Best regards

  — Dago