Promoting kiel to stable

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 2 22:56:13 CET 2014

Hello OpenCSW users,

Our named release 'dublin' has been marked as stable since September 2013.
It's time for us to apply the 'stable' label to the kiel release.

Before:

unstable
testing → kiel
stable → dublin

After:

unstable
testing → bratislava
stable → kiel

I. If your pkgutil.conf contains a line similar to this:

mirror=http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/stable/

...you're subscribed to the stable release and you will notice the changes when
we promote kiel from testing to stable.

II. If your pkgutil.conf contains a line similar to this:

mirror=http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/dublin/

...you will not notice any changes, but you should consider moving over to the
kiel release. You can upgrade from dublin to kiel with pkgutil.

mirror=http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/kiel/

Once the configuration is changed, this command will update all the packages:

pkgutil --yes --catalog --upgrade

We will make the change the weekend of the 8th of March 2014. I will send
another email when the change is complete.

In case of any questions or problems, please contact us either on the mailing
list or on the IRC channel, #opencsw on Freenode.