Package updates

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 13 09:23:24 CET 2015

Hi Yuri,

> Am 13.02.2015 um 09:18 schrieb Yuri Voinov <yvoinov at gmail.com>:
>
> Sorry for delay, Dagobert,
>
> my notebook HDD was accidentally died, I've just recovered them.
>
> I have question - can I select packages to maintain?

Sure. If you want to work on a package get in touch with the current maintainer.
Some have vanished and will therefore not reply, some are overloaded like me
and are happy to hand over maintenance for some packages, some maintainers are
really active and maintain stuff actively and a nudge is usually sufficient for
a new version or an additional configure flag.

I guess you would be interested at least in Squid, just write what you are
interested in, I pretty much know all active maintainers personally and the
state of the packages.

Best regards

  — Dago