what is cas_crontab?

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Jan 16 00:46:03 CET 2015

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>
writes:

[...]

>> OK, trying CSWcas_crontab
>
> The package name is CSWcas-crontab :-)

OK, nice to know the right name, but that name also fails in the
search box at pointed to by the cas_crontab page
 ( http://www.opencsw.org/manual/ )

>> So, what does a `Class action script crontab' do?
>
> Essentially it allows editing the crontab as described in our development wiki:
>   http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils-package#toc28
>
> You can find the build definition here:
>   https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/cswclassutils/trunk/

Thanks.  I still did not understand specifically what these lines can
do.  Is it just the ability to add crontab entries `en-masse' to a group
of users?