Software Compilation Request: Mozilla Firefox ESR 24 & 31

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 6 21:03:37 CET 2015

Le 2015/03/06 18:39 +0100, Ibraheem Saleh a écrit:
> Do you know if there is anyway to know who compiled those "Contrib"
> packages? I believe somebody was looking at it earlier and noticed
> that they were compiled in China, which US government agencies aren't
> allowed to have dealings with :( ...

Why are you using Solaris then? Quite a lot of its development has been
done in China for years. Drivers in particular, so deep inside the
system, and, yes, desktop stuff, hence why they've been doing the
Firefox builds.

> I believe one of the first 2 tried that and the response they
> received was that Oracle wouldn't even admit that they had a Beijing
> office. It won't hurt to try and reach out to them again, I'll send
> some emails right now :)

Oh, they would not admit that, wouldn't they?
Except, like, on their website? Where I count 5 offices in Beijing?
Complete with addresses, phone numbers, and whatnot? I've seen secrets
better kept...
http://www.oracle.com/cn/corporate/contact/index.html

I can tell you, if you look left when getting inside the building where
they do Firefox, you see the Google building. And in your back, there's
the Microsoft/Adobe one.

There's Dell around, too, but it's a bit of a walk. And plenty of others.

Good luck finding your Chinese-free software.

Laurent