CSWrsyslog Warning: backward compatibility layer added

Dvorak Andreas Andreas.Dvorak at baaderbank.de
Tue Mar 24 09:37:45 CET 2015

Dear all

I have rsyslog 5.8.13 installed.
The messages file says it is running in compatibility mode but I do not know why. And imsolaris does not run. Can somebody please help me?

When it starts I get the messages:

Mar 24 09:02:21 sv2507 rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="5.8.13" x-pid="21775" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] exiting on signal 15.
Mar 24 09:02:21 sv2507 rsyslogd: imuxsock does not run because we could not aquire any socket

Mar 24 09:02:21 sv2507 rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="5.8.13" x-pid="19031" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] start
Mar 24 09:02:21 sv2507 rsyslogd: WARNING: rsyslogd is running in compatibility mode. Automatically generated config directives may interfer with your rsyslog.conf settings. We suggest upgrading your c
onfig and adding -c5 as the first rsyslogd option.
Mar 24 09:02:21 sv2507 rsyslogd: Warning: backward compatibility layer added to following directive to rsyslog.conf: ModLoad immark
Mar 24 09:02:21 sv2507 rsyslogd: Warning: backward compatibility layer added to following directive to rsyslog.conf: MarkMessagePeriod 1200
Mar 24 09:02:21 sv2507 rsyslogd: Warning: backward compatibility layer added to following directive to rsyslog.conf: ModLoad imuxsock
Mar 24 09:16:55 sv2507 dvoraka: [ID 702911 user.notice] UNIGW#PROBLEM#4#test#sv2507#Test von Andreas#PWCHANGE#test

rsyslog.conf
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat
$ModLoad imsolaris
$RepeatedMsgReduction on
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf

*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure
mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog
cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron
*.emerg                                                :omusrmsg:*
uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler
local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log
*.*;local5.none;local6.none                             @10.112.10.69

Best regards
Andreas Dvorak