mgar up error

Lara Blatchford lara.blatchford at nteligen.com
Mon Jun 13 16:23:27 CEST 2016

Thanks Jan!

I didn't set up the .garrc before running mgar up, so it contains only the
BUILDTREE variable:

-bash-3.2$ cat .garrc

BUILDTREE=/export/home/lara2/opencsw

Here's what I get when I run svn info:

-bash-3.2$ pwd
/export/home/lara2/opencsw
-bash-3.2$ svn info
Relative URL: ^/csw/mgar/pkg
Repository Root: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/gar/code
Repository UUID: d3b55034-1cff-0310-a425-aefe953e1e90
Revision: 25770
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Depth: empty
Last Changed Author: cgrzemba
Last Changed Rev: 25770
Last Changed Date: 2016-06-09 07:06:20 -0400 (Thu, 09 Jun 2016)

Running mgar up without the --all option gives the same error from both my
home
directory and the opencsw directory.

Thanks for the reminder that mgar is a script - I was able to just run the
svn commands for up-all
directly and they worked.

Looking at mgar and adding some debug statements, it appears that the issue
is that this if
statement is being entered for the "up" command, not sure if that is
correct?

if is_per_pkg_command $1; then
  assert_in_pkg_dir
  assert_vcsdir_valid .
  assert_no_conflicting_gar_dir_present
  BUILDSYS_OVERRIDE="`read_config_value OVERRIDE_BUILDSYS`"
  BUILDSYS_PKG="`get_pkg_buildsysdir`"
  BUILDSYS=${BUILDSYS_OVERRIDE:-$BUILDSYS_PKG}
  assert_buildsys_present "$BUILDSYS"
  create_legacy_gar_link "$BUILDSYS"
fi

I'm trying to get my mgar repository set up in a vagrant VM - I tried
running the commands
on the one piece of Solaris-installed hardware that I have access to also.
Both mgar init and
mgar up --all ran fine there without errors, and on that machine, this if
statement was not
entered when I ran mgar up --all.  When the command failed, the if statement
was entered.

Perhaps a bash version issue - the machine that succeeds has 4.3.33, and the
VM that failed
has 4.3.0

Thanks for the help!
Lara