Unable to authenticate users after Samba update

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Wed May 4 10:45:19 CEST 2016

Hello,

About versioning: Samba does not maintain version 3.6 anymore. Security
patches have been released by 3rd parties, and I applied them, but there
is no, and will not be any more version change. I do not want to start a
new -patchlevel scheme. So the date implies the change, and that's it.
The solution here is to move away as fast as possible from Samba 3.6.

As for the latest update: there was a change of protocol because of a
security flaw.
So, *all systems* communicating via CIFS (and that means, *ALL*,
including Linux, Windows, Android, whatever...), MUST be upgraded
together, else there will be interoperability issues.

Has the host with issues been patched?

Laurent