error running makesum

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 21 21:30:24 CEST 2016

Hi Lara,

Am 21.10.2016 um 21:24 schrieb Lara Blatchford <lara.blatchford at nteligen.com>:
> Hello - I'm attempting to build the latest rev of the file package (5.18) on
> Solaris 10.
> When I run mgar makesum, I get an error saying md5sum is not found, though
> the
> application is installed:
>
> -bash-4.3$ pwd
> /export/home/lara/opencsw/file/trunk
> -bash-4.3$ mgar makesum
> $md5sum is [md5sum]
> [===== NOW BUILDING: file-5.18 =====]
>        [prerequisite] complete for file.
>        [fetch] complete for file.
> /bin/sh: md5sum: not found
> Checksums made for file-5.18.tar.gz
> -bash-4.3$
> -bash-4.3$
> -bash-4.3$ which md5sum
> /opt/csw/gnu/md5sum
> -bash-4.3$
>
> Note above that I added some debug to v2/gar.mk to dump the value of the
> md5sum
> variable, and it's set to the binary name ($md5sum is [md5sum])
>
> I tried editing v2/gar.mak to set the md5sum variable to the full path to
> the binary as
> follows:
>
> md5sum ?= $(if $(filter no%,$(shell which md5sum)),gmd5sum,$(shell which
> md5sum))
>
> This time the checksum file is created successfully:
>
> -bash-4.3$ mgar makesum
> $md5sum is [/opt/csw/gnu/md5sum]
> [===== NOW BUILDING: file-5.18 =====]
>        [prerequisite] complete for file.
>        [fetch] complete for file.
> Checksums made for file-5.18.tar.gz
> d420d8f2990cd344673acfbf8d76ff5a  file-5.18.tar.gz
> -bash-4.3$ pwd
> /export/home/lara/opencsw/file/trunk
> -bash-4.3$ date
> Fri Oct 21 15:27:49 EDT 2016
> -bash-4.3$ ls -l checksums
> -rw-r--r-- 1 lara staff 51 Oct 21 15:27 checksums
> -bash-4.3$ cat checksums
> d420d8f2990cd344673acfbf8d76ff5a  file-5.18.tar.gz
> -bash-4.3$
>
> Is this a bug or could this somehow be an issue with my environment?  I note
> that v2/gar.mk was modified 5 days ago.

Indeed, and that mechanism was modified by Carsten:
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/diff/opencsw/csw/mgar/gar/v2/gar.mk?r2=%2Fopencsw%2Fcsw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2%2Fgar.mk%4025983&r1=%2Fopencsw%2Fcsw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2%2Fgar.mk%4025542

Carsten, would you mind having a look? Maybe it is better to explicitly look
for /opt/csw/bin/gmd5sum or /opt/csw/gnu/md5sum.

Best regards

  — Dago