openCSW Vs. other sites

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 7 20:44:21 CEST 2017

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately there isn't such a guarantee. OpenSSL in particular has been
well maintained in the past, because there was always somebody interested
in having the newest version, and willing to put the work in. But
generally, there isn't a hands-off mechanism to guarantee updates.

Some people, interested in particular packages, join the project and
maintain one or more packages. The workload is spiky, some updates require
only a few minutes of work, but some can take a few hours or more, if a
particularly tricky compilation issue crops up. Most of the package release
process has been automated, so in an easy case it's about putting the new
version number in, waiting for the build, and issuing a command to push the
package to the catalog.

Maciej

Linsenmeyer, Bob via users <users at lists.opencsw.org> escreveu no dia sexta,
7/04/2017 às 12:27: