ntp

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 8 09:45:05 CET 2017

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Ejaz via users <users at lists.opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I followed the steps and upgraded  newer version of NTP in my solairs 10 box
> but still I am unable to activate it, any clue will be high appreciated.
>
> Install ntp on Solaris 10 and 11:
>
> pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now
>
> /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -U
>
> /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -y -i ntp
>
> /usr/sbin/pkgchk -L CSWntp # list files

You didn't post any output of the commands above so it's hard to know
what went wrong. Use a service like pastebin.com or similar if you
want us to look at more than a few lines of output.

I installed CSWntp myself just now and enabled it without problem. You
are familiar with the svc* commands like svcs and svcadm?