MySQL 5.6.35 does not support GCC anymore

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 27 14:06:26 CET 2017

Hello all,

So, a head's up: since 5.6.35, Oracle decided that the only compiler
supported on Solaris is Studio. There's a check in cmake/os/SunOS.cmake.

For now, the check can be overridden, so I've built with GCC5 as usual
and pushed the new version. The usual recommendation applies now more
than ever: use staging servers.

As to when Oracle starts using incompatible code, I ll announce it and
in all likelihood, drop further upgrades, as I have no interest in
dealing with Studio again.

5.5.54 doesn't have the issue at this point.

Laurent