Link error with git

Mike Owens mikeowens at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 00:29:44 CEST 2017

First off, thanks for all you do. This project is a great help.

I ran into a problem with git/libcurl on Solaris 10 Sparc. I got the
following error when trying to use git:

git-remote-http: fatal: libssl.so.1.0.0: version 'OPENSSL_1.0.2' not found
(required by file /opt/csw/lib/libcurl-feature.so.4)

It seems like the current libcurl package links to a newer openssl library
than was is installed.

So I mucked around and figured out how to build the latest openssl lts
using gar. When I built and installed from source the problem went away.

I tried to file a bug but I could not get the back tracker to send me a
confirmation email
when I signed up for an account.

Regards,

Mike