GCC 5 updates

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 30 16:54:26 CET 2017

Hi Yuri,

I don't have much good news, unfortunately. I see that the
http://opencsw.org/p/gcc5core is maintained by Dagobert, who is active in
the project, but he's also a maintainer of 1600+ packages. The short answer
is that GCC 5 might not be updated in the repo for a long time, if at all.
The longer answer: if you care about GCC 5.5 being built, your main options
are doing it yourself, or paying somebody to do that for you. We have a
packaging tutorial [2] which walks you through all the steps of the
process. GCC is unfortunately not easy to work with, it was one of the
harder builds that I had experience with. If you run into any problems with
building, fire away, we'll try to help.

Maciej

[1] http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/
[2] https://www.opencsw.org/2012/12/gar-setup-and-packaging-tutorial/