GCC 5 updates

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 17:22:14 CET 2017

Hi Maciej,

no, absolutely no problem to build compiler from sources. I've already
be forced built GCC 5.4 from myself year ago. GCC is relatively easy to
build. Just will take much time.

However, Im manage several servers, and building GCC takes at least some
hours per server... This takes so much my time. This is why I'm asking.

Yes, I know I can make package myself and than distribute, however this
also takes time and, moreover, servers has different architecture. (The
question: Why I'm forced to deploy my own personal copy of OpenCSW if I
only would like to get fresh packages? ;) A rhetorical question :) )

Anyway, thank you. As usual - "If you woluld have most fresh critical
software - do it yourself from sources, because of all repos are rancid" :-!

I understand :)

Thanks,

Yuri.

--
"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think «I know, I'll use regular expressions.» Now they have two problems."
--Jamie Zawinsk

* C++: Bug to the future *