Crypto++ makefile (was: ANN: Crypto++ ...)

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 21:58:55 CEST 2018

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 8:49 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Am 21.07.2018 um 14:19 schrieb Jeffrey Walton via users <users at lists.opencsw.org>:
>>> Crypto++ recently received access to OpenCSW's compile farm. We were
>>> able to look at some known issues for Sparc machines. All the issues
>>> have been cleared. Also see
>>> https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/691 .
>>>
>>> The Crypto++ library is now well supported for Solaris, including x86
>>> and Sparc. We hope to provide an OpenCSW package shortly.
>>
>> I worked on a cryptopp package 2011 but never gotten around finishing it. I just
>> committed my stuff which may act as a starting point and it will show up here shortly:
>>   https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/cryptopp/trunk/Makefile

I probably should have mentioned the Makefiles distributed with the
library prior to 5.6.3 were very basic. They were end-user biased with
options like -march=native. They were not distro friendly at all.

Recent makefiles are more distro friendly. We try to work closely with
folks like Debian and Fedora for packaging.

We also help maintain Autotools
(https://github.com/noloader/cryptopp-autotools) and Cmake
(https://github.com/noloader/cryptopp-cmake) for folks who wish to use
them. They are unofficial but they should "just work" if we are doing
our jobs correctly.

Jeff