patch to update nodejs to 10.20.1

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:40:03 CEST 2020

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 9:24 AM Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
[...]
> Excellent, did you built upon the existing recipe or create a new one?
>   https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/nodejs/trunk/Makefile

Yes, I updated the existing one

> > - I had to use the built-in openssl, libcares and zlib libraries
> > instead of using the opencsw ones, because the first two are old, and
> > the third does no work properly.
>
> This is not good. Which major version of OpenSSL is needed here?

I _think_ 1.1.1 is needed. E.g.
https://developer.ibm.com/technologies/node-js/blogs/openssl-111-has-landed-in-nodejs-master-and-why-its-important-for-nodejs-lts-releases#
As I undestand 1.1.1 is not even compatible with 1.1.0, but surely not
compatible with 1.0.x

> I’ll bump c-ares meanwhile to 1.14.0.

Thanks!

> Why does zlib not work properly?
> That package should be in perfect shape.

I don't know. It actually builds fine, but then I get runtime errors
which clearly point to some zlib ABI incompatibility. It seems that
this version of node comes with version 1.2.11, I can try to update
libz1 (OpenCSW has 1.2.8) and see if it works. TBH I did not want to
touch such a heavily used package.

Thanks!
Gabor