cswcourier-imap on openindiana OI-hipster 2020.04: for information

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Sat May 23 14:44:44 CEST 2020

Hello,

I recently installed cswcourier-map from
https://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWcourier-imap/ together with
cswcourier-authlib from
https://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWcourier-authlib/.

The gam-server is already included in the OI-Hipster 2020.04
distribution so it is not useful to download it from opencsw (opencsw
packages are rather old: 2013 for the two courier packages).

However I had a lot of warnings in syslog telling me that the file
alteration monitor was not properly configured.

In fact the real problem was that cswcourier-imap is not complete: the
library to use the file alteration monitor is missing: so, to solve the
problem one must also install a third package: CSWlibgamin1-0 After
installing it and stopping and restarting cswcourier-imap, the error
messages disapear.

I hope this can be useful

Marc