Subversion 1.14.1

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 1 14:28:40 CEST 2021

Hi Franz,

Am 01.09.2021 um 13:06 schrieb Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com>:
> that's great! I also tried to build subversion-1.14.1 myself, but couldn't pass the bindings hurdle yet :-(.
> But on the way there I noticed that 64-bit apr is broken and that's also the reason that 64-bit (when activated in the package Makefile with BUILD64=1) subversion didn't pass the tests.
> See the attached patch for the needed changes.

Excellent! I just bumped scons to 3.1.2 and pushed ot unstable/.

> I needed a 64-bit subversion so I can work against a Linux NFS server with 64-bit directory cookies. In principle a 32-bit subversion can also do this, but in that case apr has to be compiled with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. Unfortunately this would change the apr ABI and all depending packages have to be recompiled. The attached patch also includes (not activated) preparations for -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.

I see. Recompiling APR would require recompiling some dependend packages,
but not too many:
  https://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWlibapr1-0/

> The other attached patches for libserf and scons were needed for me to build successfully on Solaris10 and 11, but maybe the reason is just that my build environment differs slightly from the official OpenCSW one.

The move for catchall in libserf shouldn’t be necessary, apart from that the patches
look good.

Maybe I have not fully understood the issue, but wouldn’t a 64 bit subversion automatically
include the 64 bit directory cookies as it automatically implies 64 bit data structures?
And this should already be the case for 64 bit APR. The split header for 32 and 64 bit
was not needed in the past IIRC.

Besten Dank

  — Dago