Subversion 1.14.1

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 14 11:42:10 CEST 2021

Hi Franz,

Am 09.09.2021 um 11:32 schrieb Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com>:
> without the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS patch only the 64-bit stuff depending on the fixed apr.h/apr-64.h needs rebuilding, the 32bit stuff is unaffected. But can the OpenCSW framework rebuild only the 64-bit dependencies?
>
> That's why I didn't include the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS patch by default. Without it all the working 32-bit applications and libraries remain backward and forward ABI compatible.
> The 64-bit applications and libraries depending on the old apr.h were potentially (certainly for subversion) broken anyway.
>
> Or, in other words, the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS patch is irrelevant for 64-bit, because there _FILE_OFFSET_BITS is already set to 64.
> Setting _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 on 32-bit would be nice for the functionality of 32-bit applications, but has the big drawback of changing the ABI (if you try the patch you will see a changed apr-32.h) of apr. And changing the ABI means you need a way to force users to update all their installed applications/libraries depending on apr if they try to update apr alone.

I see. I rebuilt APR and all dependent packages with 64 bit components
or who would require a version bump anyway at
  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#subversion64
Subversion will show up soon. Please give it a try and let me know if
everything works. It may be useful to make the binaries isaexec automatically
to 64 bit. What do you think?

Best regards

  — Dago