[csw-announce] Decomissioning of Solaris 8

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 25 16:28:46 CET 2010

Dear users,

we have supported Solaris 8 for a very long time, but it becomes
harder and harder to build recent software for it. As it is now
long past EOSL for Solaris 8 we have decided to raise the general
build level to Solaris 9. The Solaris 8 catalog will stay in place
as it is, but there will be no new packages. If you need updated
packages for Solaris 8 you are free to try compiling them yourself
on Solaris 8 from the build recipes at
   http://gar.opencsw.org

Solaris 9 will be supported by OpenCSW until end of phase 1
support, which is the 30-Oct-2011 as documented at
   http://www.sun.com/service/eosl/eosl_solaris.html?cid=e9294
Most certainly OpenCSW support will be terminatet at this date,
so even though we supported Solaris 8 longer than announced
this may not be the case for Solaris 9.

Kind regards