[csw-buildfarm] build8x problems

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 27 10:18:49 CET 2009

Hi Mike,

Am 27.03.2009 um 02:52 schrieb Mike Watters:
> I am increasingly having issues compiling on build8x.  I am not sure
> if it is just my packages,
> or is everyone else having issues too?  If it is just me, I will try
> to get hold of a sol8 x86 env
> to build on.
>
> the issue I have been experiencing is the box running out of memory
> in the middle of compiles.
> first experienced compiling gcc4,  I found a patch that helped.
>
> I then started working on cMake, it compiles and tests 100% clean on
> sparcv8 but runs out of memory
> on build8x.
> "ube: error: Cannot exec '/opt/studio/SOS11/SUNWspro/prod/bin/fbe' :
> Not enough space
> gmake[2]: *** [cmBootstrapCommands.o] Error 2"
>
> Dago was going to look into this, but if it is only me having
> problems, Dago is busy enough.

We have an additional V65z here with 2 GB Ram. As running Solaris 8 x86
under VMware ESX doesn't work due to driver problems a colleague is
installing
Linux with VMware Workstation on it, where the Solaris 8 x86 will be
inside.
I will be away for the week for, so estimate the migration of build8x
in about
10 days. I also ordered a memory upgrade for the T5220 from the 8 GB
now to
then 16 GB. The several build-zones, Hudson, testing zones for
maintainers
without other Solaris 8 access and build activity made this necessary.