[csw-buildfarm] messed up packages on build machines

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 29 22:41:54 CEST 2009

Hi Phil,

Am 28.03.2009 um 06:29 schrieb Philip Brown:
> build8s$ grep '/libxml2.py f' /var/sadm/install/contents
> /opt/csw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libxml2.py f none 0644 root
> bin 333439
> 45530 1153853352 CSWlibxml2
>
> but "libxml2.py"is NOT suposed to be in CSWlibxml2. its supposed to
> be in
> CSWpylibxml2

Yes.

> even wierder is that pkg-get thinks libxml2 is up to date.
> but pylibxml2 is not even installed.

This *is* weird:

build8s% pkginfo -l CSWlibxml2
    PKGINST:  CSWlibxml2
       NAME:  libxml2 - XML Parser Library
   CATEGORY:  application
       ARCH:  sparc
    VERSION:  2.7.2,REV=2008.12.09
     VENDOR:  ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/ packaged for CSW by Dagobert
Michelsen
     PSTAMP:  dam at build8s-20081209173605
   INSTDATE:  Dec 15 2008 18:17
    HOTLINE:  http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/
      EMAIL:  dam at opencsw.org
     STATUS:  completely installed
      FILES:      353 installed pathnames
                  125 shared pathnames
                   28 directories
                   11 executables
                23932 blocks used (approx)

> HOw did things get this corrupted on build machine!?!
>
> conflicting installs on root zone or something? bad bad BAD!
> cant be a zone poblem though because same problem on build8x.

No.

> seems like maybe the package maintainer did "something wierd" for
> non-standard install, perhaps?

No.

> hmm. even build10s has this problem.

Yes.

There are several other colliding pathes both in CSWlibxml2 and
CSWlibxml2devel,
despite they *are* only in one package. I don't have the slightest
idea how this
could have happend. I always install/upgrade the packages with pkg-
get ;-)

On next occasion I will remove and reinstall libxml2 and associated
packages.