[csw-buildfarm] group request

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 16 16:27:51 CEST 2010

Hi Darin,

Am 15.04.2010 um 23:38 schrieb Darin Perusich:
> Can someone create a group on the build servers called 'cswsys' and
> add
> my account to it? I'm attempting to rebuild the amanda package and
> during 'make install' a 'chown darin:sys' is failing because I'm not a
> member. This wasn't happening on Solaris 8 but I'm building on Sol9,
> likely some type of fakeroot problem. The amanda users default group
> is
> 'sys' which grants it read permission to raw disk devices and a number
> of utilities are in the 'sys' group. The addition of this group will
> allow me to set the group to that group then I can sed it to 'sys' in
> the prototype file so the perms are properly set.

I would rather not add groups just for building stuff. Isn't
   --disable-installperms
enough to let Amanda build? The goal is to make packages buildable
on a wide variety of build hosts and customizing them on a per-package
scheme would really complicate things. You could later on adjust
things in the prototype.

Please let me know if this works.