[csw-buildfarm] [csw-maintainers] BerkeleyDB upgrade

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 22 19:22:19 CEST 2010

No dia 22 de Julho de 2010 15:48, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> would it be possible to remove bdb from the buildfarm, so new packages
>> use the correct lib when built?
>
> I don't know, there may be packages depending on it. The dependency listing
> on
>  http://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWbdb/
> is not that exact. Maybe Maciej has a more accurate information about
> packages
> linking to /opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so

I don't have yet code to create such report, I'm not that far away
from it either.  It's a little fiddly to do, because there might be
binaries that have both /opt/csw/lib and /opt/csw/bdb47/lib in the
rpath.  The result is that during runtime the binary reads from the
/opt/csw/lib path but doesn't depend on it in the sense that it would
happily read from /opt/csw/bdb47/lib if the library from /opt/csw/lib
was gone.

Overall, working out these dependencies is a worthwhile goal, with
many potential uses.