[csw-buildfarm] [csw-maintainers] BerkeleyDB upgrade

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun May 30 22:05:59 CEST 2010

Hi Rupert,

Am 30.05.2010 um 22:02 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 20:35, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Am 30.05.2010 um 12:57 schrieb rupert THURNER:
>>> could you please remove CSWbdb from the buildfarm? otherwise we would
>>> need to build something into the openldap recipe to not use it. and as
>>> i understood the goal is to recompile _without_ using files out of
>>> CSWbdb.
>>
>> Yes, but this should be not difficult. It should be sufficuent to
>> add the stuff from subversion I added recently to openldap, like
>> EXTRA_INC etc.
>
> what is the reason to leave a compatibility package on a buildserver?

They are needed by the packages depending on it, especially Apache2.
AFAIK removing CSWbdb would make it impossible to compile current
apache modules, but I may be wrong here.

>> Just let me know if you have trouble finding the right switches.
>> - and thanks for picking of OpenLDAP!
>
> you are not serious about this, aren't you?
>
>         EXTRA_LIB_garversion-2.4.22 = $(prefix)/bdb48/lib
>         EXTRA_INC_garversion-2.4.22 = $(prefix)/bdb48/include
>
> was something you added long time ago to openldap :)

I thought so :) And you say it does not work? I would like to investigate
that if yes. I am not against removing CSWbdb, I would just like to know
why the switches don't work.