[csw-buildfarm] no connect from current9x, mercurial not compiled 64bit ?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 13 09:51:01 CEST 2011

Hi Rupert,

Am 13.07.2011 um 08:08 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> as there were discussions that hg not beeing able to clone the gcc svn
> repository because of an out-of-memory error, i wanted to try if our
> on a 94bit solaris box of the buildfarm. then it did not work:
>
> rupert @ current9x : ~/tmp
> $ time hg clone svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc gcc-9x
> abort: Can't connect to host 'gcc.gnu.org': Network is unreachable
>
> then i noticed that we do not compile with 64bit, isn't it?

Umh, a couple of things:
- current9x is 32 bit. 64 bit on x86 was introduced with Solaris 10.
- current9x does not have a direct internet connection, but needs a proxy as
  described in /etc/SETUP on 'login'
- We do compile on 64 bit where useful, however, this is to my knowledge not
  the case for Python right now.

You may want to chime in on maintainers@ for a 64 bit Python, though.