[csw-buildfarm] Solaris account access

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 21 09:38:27 CET 2012

Hi Michael,

Am 21.02.2012 um 01:02 schrieb Michael Kerrisk:
> I am the maintainer of the Linux man-pages project
> (http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/). From time to time, I find it
> useful to make comparative tests on other systems, especially Solaris,
> to note portability points in the Linux man pages. Until recently, I
> had access to a Solaris system for this purpose, but that system has
> now gone away, and I'm looking for a replacement. Pádraig informed me
> that OpenCSW may be able to provide me with such an account, so I am
> writing to you with this request.
>
> To make my requirements clearer: I'd only be using this login
> occasionally (probably weeks between logins) and running small test
> programs (we're talking code with minimal CPU and RAM requirements),
> generally written in C, sometimes with supporting shell scripts for
> test set up. Ideally, I'm looking access to Solaris 9 or 10, but even
> systems as far back as Solaris 8 would be interesting to me.

We gladly offer access to the Solaris buildfarm for upstream maintainers:
  http://www.opencsw.org/extend-it/signup/to-upstream-maintainers/
Just send me your intended user name and ssh public key. I would also
like to list you on the above webpage.

We have Solaris 8/9/10/11 with several compilers starting from Sun Studio 11
to Sun Studio 12u3 and GCC 3 and 4.