[csw-buildfarm] I broke test10s

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 26 16:17:23 CET 2012

2012/2/26 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> Here's the log of how I broke
> it: http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~maciej/pkgadd-error.log

That's weird, I don't see any error, the last package installed
successfully and then pkgutil bailed claiming pkgadd exited with an
error..? I've never seen that, it's usually obvious that the last
pkgadd op blew up. Can we find out what really caused pkgadd to return
non-zero?

Regarding how to avoid it...maybe add it to the list of packages that
get updated first before the rest of the batch. Today only pkgutil
itself is on that list but we could still have an error in the sudo
package itself making it go away but not install afterwards and you
end up with the same situation. I don't see any guaranteed way of
solving this.

Since sudo has some deps it would kind of break the rules of pkgutil
processing updating it before its deps, pkgutil itself doesn't since
it doesn't have any deps so it doesn't matter when it's updated in the
cycle.

/peter