Developer Studio 12.5 and 12.6 available?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 17 17:16:39 CEST 2018

Hi Chuck,

> Am 16.08.2018 um 18:30 schrieb Chuck Atkins <chuck.atkins at kitware.com>:
>> I just installed it:
>>
>>   unstable10x  12.5 and 12.6
>>   unstable10s  12.5 and 12.6
>>   unstable11x  12.5, requires kernel update which requires disk increase in VMware, will do tomorrow
>>   unstable11s  requires kernel update, as this is a non-global zone I need a timewindow for all zones
>>
>> I also patched all installed compilers on unstable10s and unstable10x to the most recent patchlevel.
>> unstable11* will be patched together with the kernel later.
>
> That's awesome!  Thanks!

unstable11x has been disk increased and patched to the latest kernel and 12.6 has been installed.
unstable11s has been patches to the latest kerel and 12.5 and 12.6 have been installed.

All build machines should now be in optimal shape again.
Please let me know if you notice anything strange.

>> We are currently provising CMake 3.4.3:
>>   https://www.opencsw.org/packages/cmake/
>>
>> If the most recent version builds cleanly please drop me a note and I’ll update our package.
>
> It does, there's just a few.  I just built the 3.12.1 release on u10s so I can use it to drive nightly builds.  I built it with gcc5, but I believe devstudio 12.x should be fine too.  Basically CMake needs a C++11 compiler to build.  To bootstrap it, I used the following:
>
> CC=gcc CXX=g++ ./bootstrap --system-libs --no-system-librhash --no-system-jsoncpp --no-system-libuv --parallel=16 --prefix=${HOME}/dashboards/support/sparc/cmake-3.12.1 -- -DCMAKE_NCURSES_LIBRARY=IGNORE
>
> CMake actually requires CMake to build so to address the chicken-egg problem the ./bootstrap shell script in the top level CMake source manually compiles a a bare-bones feature-reduced version of CMake which it then uses to configure and build the full CMake.  In general, as a backager, you'll want to rely on external versions of third party libraries as much as possible, hence the --system-libs flag.  Some are not always available though, hence the --no-system-{librhash,jsoncpp,libuv} flags.  The trailing -DCMAKE_NCURSES_LIBRARY=IGNORE deals with a mismatch and confusion that happens from CMake getting mixed up between the core system curses and the csw ncurses library.  So the extra flag makes CMake unable to successfully locate ncurses and fallback to curses, which ends up working correctly.
>
> I should be able to have a nightly build going on most of the machines in a few days.

Excellemt. I will be looking to update the package build next week.

Best regards

  — Dago