Access to SPARC hardware

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:23:24 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:50 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey,
>
> Am 19.07.2018 um 16:37 schrieb Jeffrey Walton via users <users at lists.opencsw.org>:
>> I help with several open source projects. I'm trying to gain access to
>> a SPACRC machine and possibly Sun Studio so I can test on SPARC using
>> SunCC. We currently test on Intel hardware with both GCC and SunCC,
>> and both are OK. I've learned SunCC can be full of surprises and I
>> would really like to get some time on SPARC with or without SunCC.
>>
>> My first question is, does anyone offer or provide SSH access to SPARC hardware?
>
> Yes, OpenCSW already does for a lot of opensource projects:
>   https://www.opencsw.org/extend-it/signup/to-upstream-maintainers/
> If you are interested just let me know.

Ack, thanks. I emailed you off-list. Please feel free to share as necessary.

>> A second question is, does the OpenCSW build farm work like the GCC
>> Compile Farm?
>
> Sort of, you login to a jump machine and from there you have access to
> the build servers for the different OS levels and architectures.

Thanks.

In return I can offer access to an old PowerMac. The PowerMac is a
big-endian PowerPC-64 using an Apple port of GCC 4.1. Everything else
I have is run-of-the-mill or under-powered dev-boards.

A lot of projects have access to the PowerMac, including Jonathan
Wakely of GCC, Andy Polyakov of OpenSSL. and the MacPorts project.

Share and share alike :)

Jeff