[cfarm-admins] Offer for Sparc machines

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Fri Jul 20 10:42:38 CEST 2018

Hi Dagobert,

On 19-07-18, Dagobert Michelsen via cfarm-admins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to offer access to our Solaris buildfarm equipped with lots of build
> machines for Solaris 8, 9, 10 and 11 for both Sparc and x86. There are already
> a lot of projects using our farm:
>   https://www.opencsw.org/extend-it/signup/to-upstream-maintainers/
> If you are interested just drop me a note.

Thanks for the offer!  Having access to Solaris machines could indeed be
interesting, we don't have that currently.

Can you tell us more about your farm?  How many machines do you have, with
what kind of hardware?  How many users are there, and do they already use
a large fraction of the hardware resources?

By the way, what kind of access or collaboration do you envision?  Keep in
mind that our compile farm has 600+ registered users: if you want to
provide access to all our users, we would probably need to discuss an
"acceptable use policy" of your hardware resources.

Regards,
Baptiste