Account for solaris nightly testsuite for Free Pascal Compiler

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 24 07:05:07 CEST 2018

Hi Pierre,

Am 24.07.2018 um 00:09 schrieb Pierre Muller <pierre at freepascal.org>:
>  I have the impression that the buildfarm is almost frozen...
>  Computations that took seconds now seem to take minutes...
>
>  There are no Munin installed, and top seems to report
> still over 95% idle time, even on unstable10s,
> which takes ages to respond ...
>
>  Any ideas if something is going on?

Yes, this happens every couple of month, it is a bug in the kernel which hogs memory
under specific conditions. There is a patch available which I cannot apply because
then the built packages won’t run under older versions of Solaris. I’ll reboot the
machine which fixes it probably till christmas :-/

Best regards

  — Dago