unstable11x: libiconv broken since a long time

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Mon Dec 23 18:24:08 CET 2019

Hallo Dagobert.

Dagobert Michelsen wrote in <1651AA0C-3C98-4D85-B6E9-64FD873F34EB at opencs\
w.org>:
 |> Am 20.12.2019 um 22:48 schrieb Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |> Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in <20191220210546.PXaDY%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |>|Dagobert Michelsen wrote in <AB6AD545-AA3D-4D53-8437-55E8C1276329 at opencs\
 |>|
 |>|Hmm, we are not specific with -march or so.  We just test some
 |>|standard compiler and linker flags and do it.
 |>|
 |>|Reproducable should thus be to log into my account
 |>|
 |>|  cd src/nail.git
 |>|  git fetch
 |>|  git co -B next origin/next
 |>|  make devel
 |>
 |> Btw., i helped me out via
 |>
 |>  make devel OPT_USE_PKGSYS=no
 |>
 |> which then uses the iconv from the C library and works :)
 |
 |What kind of esoteric buildsystem is this? How does this work?

Ah, just a shell script with some test snippets.  Nothing special.
Very specific to the mailer, at least yet.  Will become
modularized a bit more when i finally come to my roff port, which
hopefully happens somewhen next year, at least a bit.  But even
then, just enough for these two only.

 |Best would be a simple, reproducible commandline where I can see what \
 |happens.
 |The one you posted
 |contains tempfiles which are not there.

I attach the actual snippet as a shell script, it creates a t.c
and then tries to compile a t.exe.  It fails on unstable11x.

Dagobert Michelsen wrote in <1AADC16D-3AF0-45EC-9823-BC5779219B25 at opencs\
w.org>:
 |> Am 23.12.2019 um 12:10 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen via buildfarm <buildfa\
 |> rm at lists.opencsw.org>:
 |
 |Dir auch ein frohes Fest!

Dankeschön.

--steffen