Usage of /tmp on Solaris buildfarm

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Thu Jun 20 22:42:58 CEST 2019

Hi Dago,

I moved the builds to run out of /tmp a while ago because it seemed to
speed them up significantly by doing so.  I haven't looked at them in quite
some time though as they've been working well.  There were many moving
parts at the time and it's possible one of the other changes I made to the
automation is responsible for the speed up (like shifting the start time to
run when the machine is less loaded).  I'll take a look at them tomorrow
and try running them out of home is instead to stay tidy.  IIRC the
performance was a problem only on the Solaris 10 machine so I should be
able to move all the Solaris 11 builds without issue.  Best case scenario
it will have little impact on build times.  Worst case scenario the Solaris
10 builds are significantly slower out of home and I just reduce the number
of builds running to focus on the most significant instead of trying to run
all possible combinations.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll clean it up.

- Chuck