[csw-dev] Problem with cdrecord on Solaris 8 x86

Ben Taylor Ben.Taylor at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 1 19:03:56 CEST 2008

Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:19:07PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>
>>> [ This was lifted out of another thread ]

>>> Actually, I have no data that suggests it works for anyone on Solaris 8.
>>>
>> Joerg himself, said that it DOES work.
>>

>  I have not seen it work.  Show me :-)
>

>> firstly, for people running older versions of solaris, with his kernel
>> patch.
>>

>   You mean a driver. I highly doubt that Jorg is going to patch genunix
>

>> secondly, it works with SCSI-attached units.
>>

>   Have you seen it work ?
>

>> Now let's let this thread die. it doesnt belong here cluttering up people's
>> mailboxes any more.
>>

> I'll let it die when I see it work. Which I have not.
>
> Dennis

I think this falls into the category of the 6th standard deviation,
where there is
probably 10-20 people still running Solaris 8/X86 and trying to use
cdrecord.
If someone hasn't logged a bug about it not working, then I think it's
probably
best just to drop it, given the amount of wasted effort it will be if
noone really
needs to see it working.

Ben