[csw-devel] [Fwd: [svn] mercurial upstream update notification]

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Thu Dec 11 12:02:34 CET 2008

Hi Trygve

> Wow, this is great!

Thanks :)
> Are you recording the data somewhere? I would like to create (yet)
> another RSS feed on the dev.opencsw.org page :)

Acually i am in bcc of all sent emails. Mainly for debugging purpose ;)

At the beginning i was thinking of adding a technical account in copy
(let's say the account used to send the email). But i think it is better
to have :

. Information stored in mantis (new bug entry)
. Information stored in a mysql databse (which i am creating right now)

 From the database, we can pull a rss feed.

I still have a few bug to fix in this script. For instance about a
hundred of email were not sent, mainy perl modules. This hapened because
of a difference between names between gar and package list from the web
site (sorry for your mail server Ihsan...). I'll fix this one tonight or
tomorrow. I also have some url to fix in order to be able to find the
upstream sources (don't worry i am the only to receive these errors).
And last but not least, i have to write a documentation for the
maintainers to help them setting the upstream regexp and sources

Once fixed (at least let say 80% of url), i'll rewrite the script to
insert information in the database. It should occur during Xmas break.
Trygve, i'll send you the database model before Xmas, and some test
data. So you'll be able to create this rss feed.

Cheers,