[csw-devel] Contents of devel@ list

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 7 20:43:37 CET 2008

Hi,

I am having a little talk with Phil about the contents of the
devel@ mailing list:

Am 07.11.2008 um 18:06 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 05:06:23PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> BTW: If the package gets pushed to current there should be also
>> a mail to devel at . I am thinking of devel@ as a high frequency
>> list to get a detailed understanding of what is going on.
>
> Hmm.. I think announcing a release of packages as they happen, is
> unneccessary spam. If a bunch of people really want that, then
> that's fine
> with me. but I think you should ask how many people are actually
> INTERSTED
> in that, before we do that :-)
> a reminder: a weekly email to newpkgs mailing list, already happens.

For me it is interesting when my packages get processed and are batched
to current/. The newpkgs@ list is for users who want to know what is
released (BTW: We should provide RSS for released to current/ also.
Phil? ;-)

Would you consider this useful or noise?