[csw-devel] Some updates and 64 bits libs compilation

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 10 13:05:39 CET 2008

Hi William,

Am 10.11.2008 um 11:58 schrieb William Bonnet:
> As i wrote in a previous email i have finally updated Firefox to
> version
> 3 (latest which is 3.0.3). It works fine on my box, but i have to
> release a few package updates to build it. The packages to be
> updated are :
>
> . libxrender
> . renderdev
> . pixman (new package)
> . libcairo
> . sqlite3
>
> I have commited all the update in svn, several package where not in
> GAR
> before. I have a last thing to do. Some of the package previoulsy
> provided 64bits libs (sqlite3). I would like to continue to build
> these
> libs. Could some one explain me how to do it with GAR ?
>
> I noticed a BUILD64 flag, but it seems that it does nothing if used
> with
> GAR from trunk.

That is correct. You must currently use
   /branches/dam/automatic-multiarch-compile
for this feature. You can use lib/bdb44 as an example
on how to do this and apply your commits to this branch
until the feature is ready for general use.
NB: The 64 library pathes of .pc are currently the same as
for 32 bit and are therefore not correct. This needs fixing.

> If have another issue. During the build of libxrender, i had the
> following error. Dago could you please add the needed packages ? If
> you
> need to make some tests, you can build it from svn.
>
> configure: error: Package requirements (x11) were not met:
>
> No package 'x11' found

This is a known bug:
   <http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6571762>
Please use the suggested workaround and put the x11.pc in your
local path ($(WORKDIR)/pkgconfig) for package creation and add
that to PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Please reply if you need further help
in that matter.