[csw-devel] Next build farm...

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Nov 19 11:38:32 CET 2008

Hi

> Did you manage to bring Solaris 8 x86 on that machine? I tried
> installing it on a v65z and failed. Nowadays it is quite hard
> to find a machine capable of running Solaris 8 x86.

I am thinking about installing something ike VMWare ESX server then Sol
8 and 10 in VM. Other solution is to use Sun xVM server. But it will
available only at the beginning of 2009 in final version. I'll let you
knw about this.
> Let me know when you need the account informations and ssh-keys.
> Or do we want to go with LDAP right from the start?

Since we already have a backup farm, it might be intersting to use this
installation to setup the ldap back end, and open it for use only when
the target architecture will be ready. Once installed and setup
modification will be more difficult to do. So better use it to make test
when we can. What about this ?

Cheers,
W.