[csw-devel] updated gar svn check

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 16 15:33:28 CEST 2009

Hi Ben,

Am 16.04.2009 um 15:24 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Thu Apr 16 09:11:58
> -0400 2009:
>> No. If a package is build with GAR it must be fully checked in or it
>> will not be released.
>
> Does that not preclude people from building on their own farms if
> they're not a maintainer and then contributing the work back?  Since
> the repo is public, anyone could checkout GAR and build a package.
> GAR might have the SVN stuff, but their local package description
> might not.  Would we refuse to release a package in this case?

Yes. If the package is going to be officially released under
OpenCSW he must become a maintainer and contribute his work back.

> [My own feeling is that we'd simply request that they open a
> maintainer account and commit the source in that case, but since we
> don't even force the use of GAR/svn within the existing maintainer
> base, this may seem heavy handed.]

We don't force it on long-time maintainers who already have
potentially complex build processed on their own. For new
maintainers GAR is, umh, strongly recommended. Releasable
packages must be build on the buildfarm anyway.

PS: I guess you should post on maintainers@ next time as
devel@ doesn't seem to be read widely due to commit mails.