[csw-devel] svn check

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 27 15:28:59 CET 2009

Hi All,

I've been thinking a little more about Phil's proposed svn check in
GAR and I've come up with a compromise (based on my previous
thoughts).

The attached patch to GAR implements an additional target requirement
for `gmake package` named svncheck.  This target will stop the package
target from succeeding if it detects UNCOMMITTED in any of the pkginfo
files, but only after all of the packages are built and run through
checkpkg.  The notice should be fairly obvious, so the maintainer
knows that a rebuild with checked in code is still required, but since
packages are available, testing can be done without committing every
little tweak

If nobody sees any obvious problems with this patch, I'll check it in.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.