[csw-devel] basic ruby gem recipe (rake) - doesn't create executable in /opt/csw/bin/

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 17 16:35:07 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Jesse Reynolds's message of Wed Aug 17 09:49:45 -0400 2011:

Hi Jesse,

> I wonder if anyone knows why a very basic gem recipe for rake (at
> rbgems/rake/branches/rb18) doesn't create a link / executable at
> /opt/csw/bin/rake ? This would be created if you ran 'gem install
> rake'.

Does it create the symlink anywhere else in the tree?  If not, you can
use:

post-install-modulated:
	(cd $(DESTDIR); mkdir -p opt/csw/bin; ln -s /path/to/rake.rb
	opt/csw/bin/rake)

or some such.  If the symlink should be delivered normally but isn't,
maybe we're not calling gem properly?

Thanks
-Ben
--